An interview with Laura Brandao, a skilled mortgage industry executive who now proudly serves as the president of AFR.
American Financial Resources, Inc.
Established in 1997 and based in Parsippany, NJ, AFR has evolved adding both B2B (AFR) and B2C (eLEND) residential mortgage divisions. We serve thousands of mortgage brokers, bankers, lenders, homeowners, home buyers, realtors and contractors nationwide, with their residential financing needs. We are driven by our incredible employees and their desire to help families across the country obtain their dream of homeownership.
- Full service mortgage lender nationwide
- Serving Wholesale, Correspondent, and Consumer Direct Channels
- Diverse delivery options including FHA, VA, USDA, Ginnie Mae, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
- Ranked #1 in 203(k) lending for sponsored originations*
- One of the nation’s leading renovation and manufactured home lenders
- We offer an extensive program suite, eclectic channels of operations and cutting-edge technology
AFR Gives Back
We are dedicated to the pursuit of growth and education, while also being an active member in many of the communities which we serve. Every year we sponsor and participate in a number of charitable events and work to enhance the business and social environments throughout our footprint.Learn more about the ‘AFR Gives Back‘ program >>
In the News
NJBIZ recognizes leading woman in business who are shaping their organizations, industries and the economic landscape of the Garden State. Following an open nomination process, winners were chosen by a panel of independent judges based upon their professional success, community involvement and advocacy for women.
Laura Brandao, President of AFR, explains that in this business climate, as a mortgage originator or lender, it pays to be a niche player. In the wholesale arena, especially, there are advantages to specializing in specialty lending.